When the weather heats up, it’s time to move the party outdoors! Whether you’re taking advantage of a sunny afternoon or a cooler evening, you can make the most of a summer soiree by incorporating these simple—but important—details that add pizzazz to any casual get-together.
The best thing is you don’t have to spend a lot to create an inviting atmosphere your guests will love. In fact, all you need are some basics and a few statement pieces that can be easily re-purposed for other events, occasions and holidays. Like I’ve said many times before, it’s the decadent details like these that can make the biggest difference!
As you get those parties started this summer, try these 10 tips that are sure to make you a hit as the hostess and your entertaining an unforgettable experience.
1. Forget the paper and plastic and use real silverware and napkins to add an elegant touch to your tablescapes. We aren’t throwing a tailgate party here; we are creating ambiance!
2. Better dishes add to the atmosphere too, but you can opt for non-breakable melamine to avoid any accidental breaks.
3. Create cozier settings for your guests by using umbrellas and small tents to construct spaces ideal for socializing.
4. Candles, lanterns and inexpensive lighting, such as white twinkle lights, can have the same effect, particularly in setting the stage for evening parties.
5. Big bold blooms like sunflowers placed in cans or pitchers can make for centerpieces with lots of character. Go ahead and express yourself!
6. You can add natural scents to your tablescape by using fruit centerpieces that can also be used as garnishes for drinks if you run out.
7. Don’t forget to add color, color, color! Choose shades that evoke the mood you want to set, then use scarves from your own closet to drape across the table.
8. Get fancy with displaying place cards. Gather inspiration from your favorite things in nature, like shells or other summery items.
10. Every party needs a soundtrack. Create playlists that complement your party atmosphere and then turn up the music!
For more summer entertaining inspiration, visit my Summer Entertaining board on Pinterest.
What are you waiting for?