There’s no definite end to the emails that need answering and the household chores that need finishing, not to mention the texts, calls and voicemails that fill an average week. But rather than running yourself ragged to prepare for next week, give yourself an hour or two this afternoon to curl up with your favorite magazines and just enjoy the day.
If the thought is incredible but you’re not sure where to begin, we give you the 10 best magazines to read on a lazy Sunday afternoon. But remember–your enjoyment of these magazines depends on how well you can tune out all those other distractions for a bit. Happy reading!
1. Whole Living - Delicious recipes, skincare ideas, exercises–Whole Living has everything you need to think about pampering yourself for a bit. After a long week, you deserve a little time to focus on yourself, and this is a great place to start.
2. InStyle - You know this is the magazine you always buy when you’ve got to sit on a plane for a while or travel in the car. It’s packed with great style secrets, details of celeb lives and beautiful accessories to boot.
3. Fast Company - Though you’re not at work, it’s always nice to entertain that entrepreneurial side of your brain. Read about some of the top companies in the nation, how they got where they are and how they’re forging into the future.
4. Prevention - Great advice on health and preventative health, from anti-aging tips to the best ways to lose weight. Cozy up to this magazine for some inspiration to make healthy decisions in the coming week.
5. Modern Dog - Perhaps your furry little friend is sitting beside you as you relax; perhaps not. In either case, you can enjoy this glossy that covers everything pertaining to your pet. From great deals on pet products to the best ways to bond with your dog, this one has you covered.
6. Wallpaper* - Fill your artistic needs with this high-end magazine that features the best in art, design and culture across the globe.
7. Mac Life - Put your feet up and read about what’s new in the Mac world. If you’ve ever referred to yourself as a gadget geek (or secretly relate to the term), this one’s for you!
8. Martha Stewart Weddings - Even if you’ve already walked down the aisle or you don’t plan to in the near future, it’s always fun to just flip through the pages of a wedding magazine and look at beautiful dresses, diamonds and fun wedding decor.
9. Every Day with Rachael Ray - You’re busy, and Rachael understands that. This magazine is a great go-to for busy cooks who want to strike balance in all areas of home life. Find great recipes, tips and menu planners to help you simplify your busy life.
10. GQ - The best in fashion, gadgets and entertainment for young professional men, GQ will make you feel distinguished–even if you are sitting around in your pajamas on a Sunday afternoon.