Oops, you did it again. You got so consumed in the decorating, the shopping, and the wrapping that there’s precious little time to devote to making all those festive holiday treats you found in December cooking magazines or pinned on Pinterest.
With Christmas Eve just a week away, don’t think you have to resort to serving a bowl of red and green candies. We’ve scoured the popular pinning phenomenon that is Pinterest to find the easiest, most festive ideas we could find.
The “6 Easiest Christmas Recipes on Pinterest” that we highlighted last year were so popular that this year we’re giving you six more (clockwise from left on photo)—so even the busiest, least creative, or cooking-challenged among us create a treat that’s the hit of the holiday party.
1. Edible Caprese Wreath: Start with a pretty platter or a pedestal dish, like a cake stand, and create a layer of basil. Then arrange mozzarella balls and cherry tomatoes on toothpicks in a wreath design for an easy and festive appetizer. No cooking required!
2. Grinch Kebobs: Fun for kids—or kids at heart—this treat could not be easier. Simply arrange a mini marshmallow, strawberry, banana slice, and a grape on a small stick. (Tip: Spritz banana slices with lemon or pineapple juice to keep from turning brown.)
3. Chocolate Reindeer Donuts or Snowman Donuts: Dress up your donuts for the season! Add red candies for the nose and pretzels the antlers to chocolate donuts to make reindeer. Use candy corn and pipe melted chocolate to turn powdered donuts into snowmen.
4. Santa Hat Brownie Bites: Bake your favorite brownie mix using a mini cupcake pan. Cool and remove from the pan, then add a swirl of buttercream frosting, and garnish with a strawberry with the top sliced off. Easy to pull off, even at the last minute!
5. Rice Krispies Trees: Take your Rice Krispies treat making up a notch. Add green food coloring, shape into trees and decorate with red sprinkles or small cinnamon candies. Top with a yellow candy, such as mini M&M’s and add a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup for the base.
6. Dipped Candy Cane Chocolate Marshmallows: For an elegant, but still very easy treat, stick a candy cane into a large marshmallow, then dip in chocolate and crushed candy canes. Melting the chocolate is the only “cooking” required!
For these and other easy Christmas recipes, check out our Pinterest board here!