In my opinion, the romance of a lifetime deserves the wedding of your life. That doesn’t mean you have to break your (or your parents’) bank to make that happen, this day is a celebration of commitment and it should reflect you and your partner. Brides commonly get a bit carried away when planning their big day, so I’m going to provide a couple of suggestions to help you discover your dream wedding!
As women, we all know that you just can’t have the perfect wedding without the perfect wedding dress. The seductive bride exudes sensuality, confidence and romance as she walks down the aisle toward the man of her dreams, the man she will cherish and love forever. Here are a few tips to finding your fantasy wedding dress!
- Before commencing the wedding dress shopping, you need to set the time of year, time of day, and place of the wedding and reception. If not, you may choose a dress that is too casual, too big or too fancy for your venue.
- Be sure to have price in mind that you feel comfortable paying—it would be tragic to fall in love with a gown that is out of your price range and trust me it happens!
- White isn’t just white! There are many, many ranges of white gowns, so try on a few different colors to find the one that best complements your skin tone.
- It’s important to trust your instincts when trying dresses, so don’t bring along a group of people that will bog you down with their opinions. There is only one opinion that truly counts—yours. Bring one trusted person.
Keep an open mind when looking at the various shapes of dresses: ball gown, empire waist, A-line, slip, sheath, mermaid—they all have very different silhouettes and it’s best to not judge a certain shape until you’ve taken it off the hanger and tried it on. Go with the one that makes you feel fabulous and sexy!
- During the fitting process, your seamstress will be your new best friend. Communicate with her and let her know all the little problems you see so that on your big day, you feel your most comfortable and confident.
If you are like most women out there, you’ve probably given great thought and consideration to what you want that ring in your man’s box to look like once he gets down on his knee. Brides magazine gives us some fantastic tips on taking care of your engagement ring.
- Keeping your left hand bling sparkling is easy to do with the proper cautious care. Bringing in your ring to a jeweler to be steamed cleaned is the best way to keep your gems looking good.
- Take off your ring at home when using bleach and other harsh chemicals. These substances can dull and harm the finish of your ring.
Opt for the insurance and appraisal. The value of that precious ring is likely to rise over time, so in the unfortunate case that it is lost or stolen—you’ll be able to get the correct amount of money for replacement.
There are a lot of steps in planning a summer wedding so it would be helpful to create a bridal checklist! There are great magazines available that publish monthly and will aid in creating these checklists. Social sites such as Pinterest also serve as an inspiration and idea board to keep all your sites bookmarked and images cataloged.
You can create these boards privately or publicly, and maybe even make separate ones for all the separate categories—romantic flowers, sensual wedding dresses, entertaining ideas—the list goes on! But always remember the most important aspect of the wedding isn’t any of these things—it’s the marriage.
What are you waiting for?