Don’t laugh, but each year at Christmas there are gifts under the tree for our three dogs and two cats. Not only do we get our pets gifts, we also get them for my parents’ cats and my in-laws’ dogs. It’s silly and fun, and we all love it!
Many times, those gifts are toys or treats just for the pets. But years ago, my parents got us a dog-bone cookbook, complete with about a dozen recipes and a bone-shaped cookie cutter. That was a gift we’ve all had fun with!
If you want to get gifts for the pet lovers on your list (but not necessarily for the pets themselves) I have a few ideas.
- Bad Dog Tumblers from Uncommon Goods. How cute is the “fetch” tumbler with the dog just laying under the ball, refusing to move?! There is also an Inconvenient Kitty set for the cat people on your list.
- Artwork from Jimmy Ellis Art. Jimmy can turn your photograph into custom art, or you can purchase breed-specific art that he’s already completed. I have two of these on my office walls, and they make me smile every time I see them.
- Wearable art. For the jewelry-wearing, animal-loving person on your list, whimsical dog and cat jewelry from Stacey Lamothe Art might be just what you’re looking for. I love the “greetings” piece!
- An animals and pets magazine subscription. It’s the gift that keeps on giving! From dog magazines to cat magazines to horses and even birds, those on your gift list are sure to enjoy receiving pieces of that gift all year long.
- Money! I don’t mean for the gift recipient, I mean for the local animal rescue group or facility that they support.