Summer usually gets all the credit for being the time to have your windows down, but I don’t buy it. This could be just because I live in the South, but I would argue that summer is a great time to drive with your windows down at night.
Fall, on the other hand, well, fall’s the time when you can drop the windows and cruise along without getting a sunburn or having a swarm of mosquitos take it as an invitation. Whether you like to ride with your windows open or tightly shut this season, we’ve compiled a mixtape of songs that will have you enjoying the ride.
Check out these artists on iTunes or Spotify and create your own mixtape of your favorite tunes. This is my “cabin in the woods, sweater on, coffee-in-hand, book reading by the fire” mixtape:
1. The Weepies – “Take It From Me”
2. The Be Good Tanyas – “Littlest Birds”
3. Angus and Julia Stone – “Big Jet Plane”
4. Kopecky Family Band – “Howlin’ at the Moon”
5. Star & Micey – “I Can’t Wait”
6. Jonsi – “Go Do”
7. Penguin Cafe Orchestra – “Air à Danser”
8. James Vincent McMorrow – “We Don’t Eat”
9. Leona Naess – “Heavy Like Sunday”
10. The Kicks – “Starchaser”